Mixing Q Acoustics 3010i Bookshelf Speakers with 2010i

malctAN

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a pair of speakers to go with the 2010is and its either picking up a pair of second hand 2010is ot buying a new pair of 3010i's

I was using a pair of Q Acoustics 3050 next to the tv with a center speakers with the 2010is at the rear , I am now using the 3050s with my amp for playing music and i am looking at replacing them with either the 2010is or take a risk and buy the 3010is , The risk is , The difference in sound with no idea on how the speakers have improved over the last 3 years.

Its for a 5.1 set up

Any thoughts ?

I'm slightly confused. What are you trying to achieve?

Do you have two separate setups, a stereo setup and a surround setup? Just with moving the 3050s to a music setup. Which then leaves you with a centre (what model is it?) and a pair of 2010is which were rear speakers.

I have a Q ACOUSTICS 3090c center

Basically i am now using the 3050 speakers for my Amp, CD , Record deck etc

My set up was Q ACOUSTICS 3090c center , 2 3050 front speakers and a pair of 2010i rear

I am trying to achieve a 5.1 set up using a pair of the small speakers at the front and rear connected to my Pioneer Receiver, So yes i am now going to 2 different set ups. I find that the sound is a lot better when playing records Via the 3050s

In that case some 3010s (non i model) would be best to match the centre and keep 2010is as rears. Although unlikely to be much of an issue to use 3010is as front L&R.

Thank you for your help on this, Richer sounds have the 3010s on offer at £99 and the 3010is are £20 more on Ebay so will look into buying a pair of the 3010

I have listed some 3020i for sale on here, happy to talk prices 😀

Just seen them, the 3010i are the same price new 🤠, I am looking at £60 for second hand. The 3010 are on richer sounds for 99 , I guess that's to low for you. I need to look at your advert again and see what else your selling, could do a exchange for a 500A kuro if something else was added 👍.

These questions the 3020i though and not 3010i.
However there is room for negotiation!
Not after a kuro though

I need a pair of speakers to go with the 2010is and its either picking up a pair of second hand 2010is ot buying a new pair of 3010i's

I was using a pair of Q Acoustics 3050 next to the tv with a center speakers with the 2010is at the rear , I am now using the 3050s with my amp for playing music and i am looking at replacing them with either the 2010is or take a risk and buy the 3010is , The risk is , The difference in sound with no idea on how the speakers have improved over the last 3 years.

Its for a 5.1 set up

Any thoughts ?

No problem mixing and matching I'm using three different speaker brands, it's fine.

I'd say get the bigger q acoustic.

3010i are good but little too bass shy for main speakers. I'm using 3010i two pair for Atmos heights

If you have two different setups, are these in different rooms or the same one as? If they're in the same room then when you come to replace your AVR (if it hasn't the feature), then ensure you get one with a pre-outs then you will be able to use a stereo with a HT-Bypass solution which will enable you to combine the speakers from two systems into one meaning you get the best of both Worlds

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom