• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mixing DVB cards ??

drathbone

Standard Member
Hi all,

Is it possible, in MCE, to use different types of DVB cards ?

To be more precise, if I currently have a TT Budget S1500 DVB-S for FTA channels, can I also use a FloppyDTV in the same box ?
My plan is to keep the TT card in their on FTA chans, and buy the FloppyDTV to use a Freesat card and record Chan 4/5 etc.

I'm sure the answer is probably NO, but worth asking :)

Cheers
Darren

drathbone

Standard Member
Well I've just ordered a FloppyTV with the Dragon CAM.

I spoke to the guys there, and they were unsure if it would work, but they're interested to find out too. They also said they may be able to rebate me £50 on my TT card if it didn't work - that's not a bad deal so I placed the order :thumbsup:

Would still appreciate anyone's comments on whether this will/won't work - but I'll post up my findings once I receive the FTV at the end of the week.

Cheers
Darren

drathbone

Standard Member
Hi all,

Just an update on this - not had any joy unfortunately :thumbsdow:

FloppyTV card went in fine (have since gone to Vista and is still fine) - that seems a pretty reliable solution, tho still have the occasional issues with CAM need to be pulled/inserted.

I can get the TT card installed alongside it, but the Tuner priority hack/app gives strange app errors when the 2 are in there. I did a regedit to get both FloppyTV and TT1500 recognised in MCE, but I can't get anything to be picked up on the TT card.

Anyone got any ideas on this one ?? I think it could be to do with the DVB-S mapping using the TT MCE Tools - obviously FloppyTV takes care of all the transponder mappings, so should I still need to reload the .TPS mappings in MCE Tools ?? (I've tried with a limited mapping file for FTA only, still no joy).

Would appreciate anyone's ideas on this. ATM I think it's a non-starter, so will be flogging the TT1500 and grab another FloppyTV card (so if anyone wants a TT1500 let me know :) )

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom