Mixed up sources for my TV soundbar and mac

kelvinmc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi I have an LG E9 OLED 55 inch TV, recently connected a Bose 300 sound bar and I am satisfied with this set up. On the network is a fairly new 24" M1 iMac. both the TV and the mac are in the same room so sometimes I will watch/listen to youtube videos using the mac speakers and more often than not using my Samsung Galaxy Buds (8AF7)ear buds

Since adding the Bose 300 I have struggled to get the mac to play youtube sound wirelessly though the Samsung ear buds, it does play through the mac speakers, but it's not what the family wants to listen to.

I am guessing that it is a problem of getting the sources right I have tried turning Bluetooth off via the Bose app but this does not make any difference and I can't tell if bluetooth is switched off anyway. Everything else is working to my satisfaction just this ability to listen to youtube on my Samsung earbuds.

Any advice in managing the sources welcomed

I suspect it's just a case of selecting your earbuds in the Mac sound output settings.

This is what I did - select the earbuds in the mac sound output successfully until I added the soundbar to the system. Tried it again no success. Reset Galaxy earbuds then re-paired with no success. Attempting to pair the earbuds with the mac sound system seems to work for 10 to 15 secs i.e. the icon turns blue, then the icon reverts to grey and nothing happens. So for some reason the earbuds are not now pairing.

I assume your earbuds are fully charged?
It shouldn't have been necessary to reset the earbuds then re-pair, the problem as I see it was they weren’t connecting.
Have you tried powering off the Soundbar and see if the earbuds connect?

I think you are right the earbuds are not connecting, they are fully charged, firmware updated, tried powering off the soundbar no change!
As I say it was working before installing the soundbar, likely a simple setting but I cannot find it, and when I do watch tele it is much clearer with the soundbar so I cannot do away with it.
As they are the original Galaxy earbuds do you think the latest version will cope with more sources?

When you got your Soundbar did you pair and connect it to your Mac via Bluetooth?
To rule out a problem with your earbuds have you tried them with another source? e.g. a mobile phone, do they connect and stay connected?

Earbuds work fine with my mobile phone. and stay paired. I am now powered down on the soundbar, still no sound in earbuds and in mac bluetooth menu shows the icon in grey clicking on turns the icon to blue which remains for about but still no sound. I did mot deliberately pair the sound bar with the mac and the soundbar does not show up in the bluetooth menu

In that case your TV and Soundbar have nothing to do with your earbuds not maintaining the Bluetooth connection, it can only be a coincidence.
You have free Apple support with your purchase of the Mac so it might be a good idea to contact them via online chat and troubleshoot it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom