Mixed bag of questions

u8myufo

As this was more to do with Freesat I have posted here, we are moving next month and the location of the transmitter whilst not far away is blocked by trees. Ok, I read up on Freesat, looks like its just what I need. At the same time I will be looking at purchasing the SAMSUNG LE37A656A1FXXU.

Question, with built in freeview will I still need to purchase the Humax box? I assume I will, as I cannot find any info on that set which states the built in unit decodes HD channels. I will obviously have to pay for the dish to be installed, so I was wondering do I get the engineer to run another outlet to the boys bedroom whilst he is at it? Or does the humax box have the option for me to do that myself? Thus saving myself a few shillings. Last but no means least does anybody have any dealings with Comet? as far as getting them to install Freesat. Did they get the job done without any hassle?
Any advise on the above would be appreciated.

Starburst

Novice Member
The integrated Freeview tuner is only for DTT signals via an aerial, Freesat is via satellite so you will need a separate Freesat box unless you consider the new range of Panasonic HD tellies that have Freeview/Freesat and Analogue tuners built in.

If you don't already have a dish then yes installation deals are an option and I see no reason why for a bit of cash in hand the installer wouldn't lay an additional cable. Just check before hand as to what sort of LNB they supply, if you buy a single tuner Freesat box then they may only supply a single output LNB or a twin tuner then a twin output LNB. You may need to specify a Twin or Quad at point of sale and the installation extras go on the books:)

The integrated Freeview tuner is only for DTT signals via an aerial, Freesat is via satellite so you will need a separate Freesat box unless you consider the new range of Panasonic HD tellies that have Freeview/Freesat and Analogue tuners built in.

If you don't already have a dish then yes installation deals are an option and I see no reason why for a bit of cash in hand the installer wouldn't lay an additional cable. Just check before hand as to what sort of LNB they supply, if you buy a single tuner Freesat box then they may only supply a single output LNB or a twin tuner then a twin output LNB. You may need to specify a Twin or Quad at point of sale and the installation extras go on the books:)

If you book via Comet, Argos etc they already have listed different prices for one, two and more rooms if required which are stated at time of booking.

u8myufo

Ok thanks guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom