Mix Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by 56_Kruiser, Jun 8, 2002.

1. 56_Kruiser

56_Kruiser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ordered a THX Surround System (7.1), and am going to add rear surround speakers. I currently have NHT Super Zero speaker system, with their Sub Woofer...all about 6 years old. Have been very happy with them.

Now the problem. My wife is not happy with the idea of a couple of Super Zero speakers on stands against the back wall behind the sofa (I bet no one else has ever experienced this problem :D ).

Now the question: I have no interest in moving to something like Bose, but would it be rediculous to put Bose in for just the back two surround speakers...and leave the NHT in place for all else? I know the concept is to not mix speakers. I think the small Bose Cubes would help satisfy my wife, and may accommodate the need for back speakers. But, if that would screw up the mixing of sound for movies, and music of course, then I will not do it.

Thanks

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Why doesn't she use Anne Summers products like everyone else :)

Seriously, it would sound awful - you are talking about mixing a pair of decent rear speakers with a couple of squawk boxes. Best to stick with what you have than ruin it.

3. Silversurfer

Silversurfer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem with my Dynaudio Audience speakers I over came this by mounting the rears on the wall close to the ceiling and angled down to the seating positions.
    That way I did not have to use different speakers thereby compromising the sound.

Result one happy better half and a good all round sound.

Regards