.MIX extension - convert to Jpeg??

Dennis Leighton

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I am running Vista on an HP laptop with Adobe Elements 6 installed. Several years ago I copied photgraphs to disc from a pc. I now want to take copies of a couple of photographs on the disc but I find that they have the extension .MIX and Adobe won't recognise it for 'it is the wrong type of file'. I don't know how this has occurred but can someone kindly tell me how to convert it back to jpeg please? Many thanks in advance.

Google is your friend, It was created using microsoft photodraw. Can you open it in word?

answer probably not. try all the MS office programs, then try ms photo manager

Last edited:
Google is your friend, It was created using microsoft photodraw. Can you open it in word?

answer probably not. try all the MS office programs, then try ms photo manager

You are supposed to be able to insert .mix into word docs as images and then save the doc as a web page format - then browse to wher the web page files are saved and should find jpeg version but I've seen it mentioned that these are quite low quality.

Probably better to see if you've an old copy of the MS Works Suite kicking around as that should have the MS Picture IT! s/w that should also support the .mix format.

I may have Works around somewhere if you cannot find it - will have a look - if you can post a link to one of the files or email me one I'll try it out if I can find my MS Works CD.

JIm

Hi Jim., Many thanks indeed for your kind offer. Unfortunately I no longer have an old Works suite. I realise now that when I first started computing Picture It was the programme which I principally used - circa 1998!! I haven't had any call to use it since except a friend has asked me for a copy of a couple of old photographs and unfortunatley I am not able to oblige! If you do manage to find an old Works perhaps I could take you up on your offer and email the photographs to you. Very many thanks.

Dennis, I have loads of spare Works install discs, PM me your address and I'll send you one. FOC :)

Hi Jim., Many thanks indeed for your kind offer. Unfortunately I no longer have an old Works suite. I realise now that when I first started computing Picture It was the programme which I principally used - circa 1998!! I haven't had any call to use it since except a friend has asked me for a copy of a couple of old photographs and unfortunatley I am not able to oblige! If you do manage to find an old Works perhaps I could take you up on your offer and email the photographs to you. Very many thanks.

I've certainly still got Works 2005 handy so feel free to email one of the shots and I'll try it out.

Jim

Dennis, all packed up n ready to go but cant post till tomorrow now.

For Info. I loaded up MS Photo Premium 10 (Picture It!) from my Works 2005 CD's and tried it on Dennis's .mix image and it works fine :) - works on Vista too :)

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom