Mix cables

m3rlin

Standard Member
Will there be any interference problems if i run my screened scart cable, hdmi cable and qed silver biwire in the same trunking? Or is it just a case of keeping mains cable away from them?

pwood

In theory this should be avoided but in practice I have not noted any issues in the areas I cannot avoid running parallel mains / av cables together.

Several years ago I called up a tech in QED to ask if I could run a mains cable right next to a custom sub cable length I was getting them to make for me and he said their cables shield would be more than up to the job and not to worry. Cable arrived and no issue.

Still would hook everything up before the plaster though!

Last edited:

m3rlin

Standard Member
There are no mains cables by the scart, hdmi, spk cable. So should it be ok to run just these together for about 2mtrs.

Phlog

There are no mains cables by the scart, hdmi, spk cable. So should it be ok to run just these together for about 2mtrs.

As Pwood wrote, it depends on the screening of the cables. So his advice to try before you plaster is good.

deckingman

IMO even with mains present you would fine with these cables over this length. So with no mains present I'd be astounded if you had a problem.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom