Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mix and Match with Genies?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by imichael, Mar 6, 2005.

1. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I'm toying with the idea of replacing all the fronts of the genie package and moving the spares to rear effects and selling the centre.

It isn't a happening tomorrow thing as i have to persuade my wife that I can stop the dogs, and more importantly, the kids from eating them or using them as goalposts.

The obvious choice would be to stick with MS and maybe get the THX package and sell the rears, or would it make more sense to replace everything and just keep two genies as rear effects?

I really like the Genies, but I occasionally get the feeling that there is more bangs for your buck when you go full size - or is that just upgraditis?

Cheers

Ian

2. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did a similar thing. I started off with the MS Premiere system (similar to genies). Although these were good, I wanted a 'fuller' sound, with a more powerful full range (particularly mid range). I 'gradually' upgraded the full setup starting with the fronts. I now have Avant 906 fronts, 905 centre and 902 rears. I have never looked back! I am very happy with the setup I now have. Another bonus is that the front 906s make an excellent stereo pair too. I can't recommend the MS Avant series enough.

3. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks GFS, I completely forgot I'd posted this. I think I may try out new fronts and see if it 'fattens' the sound. Does anyone know of a supplier in Sussex/Surrey who has home demo systems available. My wife is more into music than me and I think a trial might close the deal.

Ian