Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mitsubishi XD300u or HP VP6120 ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by iMan, Nov 17, 2003.

1. iMan

iMan
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have narrowed my choice for my very first home projector two the Mitsubishi XS300u and the Hewlett Packard VP6120 and would very much appriciate any comments by the folk on here.

Anybody already own any of these 2 projectors or know which of the two would be the better.

To go in a living room 16 feet long by 15 feet wide. Projection screen is going to be around 82 inches wide with the projector mounted on the ceiling between 10 and 12 feet away from screen.

Also can anyone recommend a good make of screen, either a manual pull-down or an electric model up to around £1,000?

2. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Do you mean the XD300U. I've been toying with the idea of getting one of these for a while and would say the built in Faroudja processor and 2000:1 contrast as well as the 4000 hour lamp life would make it the better machine for home video playback. I had not heard of the VP6120 before but after checking the Ivojo website see it only has 1200:1 contrast, no Faroudja and 3000 hour life in low mode. It is however about £650 less. What sort of prices have you been quoted for both of these and where from?