1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi XD300?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DVDcake, Aug 6, 2003.

1. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am looking for a replacement for my Panasonic PT-LC75 projector and came across the Mitsubishi XD300 on the
    ivojo.co.uk website for £2253.65. It is a business projector but also has features useful for home cinema:

XGA (1024*768)
    2100 ANSI lumens
    3kg (6.60lbs.)
    4000 hour lamp life (typical)
    Faroudja Video Chip
    sRGB
    2000:1 Contrast Ratio
    Monitor Out
    Picture in picture
    Laser Pointer Remote

I have also seen it at

av-sales.com
    I need a dual purpose machine for presentations and home cinema and this seems ideal, but does anyone out there know anything else about this machine or already own one?

2. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bump.:)

3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    got a quick look at an XD300 a few weeks ago. Quite a good little number, perfect if you need a bright PJ for work that can double up as a perfectly good HC projector.

Colours could be a little washed out at times but that's hardly surprising with 2100 ANSI, does a better job than the new LC76 anyway (LC75 but brighter!). TBH there's not much that can get close to it for this sort of application - although you really need to play around in the menu to get the deinterlacing and colour system satisfactory for movies...

4. DVDcake

DVDcake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the info Liam. Do you also know if it suffers badly from the rainbow effect as I think it only has a four segment colour wheel as per most DLP business projectors?

I did not think this would effect me but when I recently got a look at the new LG rear projection TV with DLP I found I could see the colour bands whenever I quickly changed from looking at one half of the screen to the other.:(

Do you think the XD300 would be worse or better in this respect?