Mitsubishi WD-60638 conversion to a LED DLP projector (Looking for opinions and help)

Izenhour

Standard Member
Alright so to start things off for information I'll explain how I got this idea.

I was walking down my street and I found the Mitsubishi TV sitting by the back of a building with a kicked in screen so I inspected it to find out that the bulb and the rest of the components internally were fine. So I dragged it home and stripped it down to the 3D DLP projector and tested it out, but the one problem I have is that the screen if very Dim if I try to shoot it across my living room because it is designed to be a short throw projector and because of where the lens is positioned it needs to be sat at a angle to project a level image.

I recently came into possession of a 6500k 100 watt 9000 Lumen LED, and I love the amount of space in the compartment where the bulb usually goes because it has more then enough space and cooling to install this LED with a decent sized heat sink, but I need a way of focusing all of the light coming from the led into a single beam so it shoots right into the hole where it needs to go in order to send enough light through the projector to the wall. I would like to get at least 2000 ANSI lumens at all sections over the screen.

So my question is has anyone sucessfully turned this TV into a projector before? and or has anyone done an LED mod to this TV before.

I can include pictures of the projector and the LED if you'd like. Or if you'd like me to help you with a tutorial and links on where to get the LED and how to strip down Any of the Mitsubishi DLP rear projection TV's to get the projector just ask.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom