1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mitsubishi sl4u hdtv compatable or not?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by avunknown, Apr 24, 2005.

1. avunknown

avunknown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI GUYS AN GIRLS..

I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A MITSUBISHI SL4U FOR £490 S/H ..I HAVE HAD A LOOK AROUND AND HAVE FOUND OUT THAT IT IS HD COMPATABLE BUT THERE IS NO DVI/HDMI SOCKET SO HOW WOULD I(IF POSS) BE ABLE TO HOOK UP THE NEW SKY EQUITMENT WHEN IT BECOMES AVAILABLE.ALSO IS THERE A 16:9 MODE AS WELL AS THE STANDARD 4:3. also one last thing is the component input fuzzy or is it really good I have read many different comments on the component input....please somebody who knows about these reply as I haven't got much time to decide and if it is not worth spending money on something that in a year or so is going to be useless then I would like to know..many thanks

STEVE

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm not a Sky user but AIUI Sky will only be outputting hidef only via an HDCP-infested DVI and it's not legal to sell a digital->analog converter which removes HDCP, though they are apparently being sold in one or two places for around £200 I think .. someone on here recently said they'd bought one from Sim2 who I was told are re-selling someone else's.