1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi HS-M55 user manual needed!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Noel, Aug 5, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi,

I know there's almost no chance of this (the VCR is model year 1991!), but does anyone have (or know where I can find) a soft copy of the user manual for the above VCR?

Many thanks,

Noel

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought a couple of vcr manuals in the past from Dixons Partmaster. Might be worth a try if they still do them. By the way. Does anyone know what happened to Tandy? My local shop closed about 6 months ago. Does it still trade anywhere in the uk?

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Can't help with a manual, but.....

I used to have this machine and I thought it was **** hot! Have got quite a good memory, so if you want to ask a question about it, I might be able to help.

Tandy was bought out by Carphone Warehouse (suprisingly) about 2 years ago I think.

4. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Thanks for the replies guys.

Paul - thanks, but it's against my religion to buy anything from the Dixons group. I prefer the needles through eyeballs method of causing myself pain!

Simple - yes, it's a great machine. I've had it since 1990 (i think). I've been through about 5 other VCR's in the time I've had it and it's still going strong! I hope you can help. I'm trying to record some music as an audio-only track onto my mate's wedding video. I know I can do this (I've done it before), but I can't remember how (something to do with audio dub, I think). However, I can't afford to get it wrong!

Thanks in advance,

Noel.

5. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Noel, I think this machine is like most nicam vcrs, in that what it does when audio dubbing is to replace the mono linear audio track with your new sound, leaving the original hifi track alone.

After audio dubbing, you simply select with the audio switch which sound you want to hear or you can hear both if selecting 'mix'. Can't remember exactly if you do have 'mix' on that deck.

Audio dubbing goes like this I think.......

First try recording ITV and then audio dub BBC1's sound to try things out - don't want to mess the wedding video up like you say.

Playback a portion of the ITV recording, then pause it, now press audio dub. Now switch over to BBC on the vcr and release the pause button.

Hopefully it's now recording BBC sound over the ITV pic. After a while, stop and rewind the tape. Upon playback you can select the sound you want to hear using 'audio select'.

If it worked ok and you want to go ahead with the wedding tape, you can input sound from a hifi/tapedeck into the phono audio in sockets.

Use AV or EXT to select these as inputs for the new sound (the phonos take priority over the sound comming in via scart).

Bear in mind that only you or anyone else with a nicam machine will be able to hear the both the hifi and the linear sound tracks together (mono vcrs will only play the linear track, and other nicam vcrs will play just the hifi track unless they have a mix facility).

Best way round this is after you've finnished dubbing and you're happy with it, play back this tape how you want it to be heard, ie linear,hifi or mix, and then copy it over to another vcr.<br />The new recording will play back exactly how you wanted it on anyone's vcr, without any fiddling of switches.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on.

Nb Some unique features on this machine such as the date/time stamp and the ability to place index marks on playback wherever you want - could be useful to mark different parts of the wedding, ceremony, dinner, dancing, etc.

6. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Simple,

Thanks very much - I'll give it a go tonight!

Cheers,

Noel

7. karldomingo

karldomingo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a M55 and user manual e-mail me at karldomingo@aol.com , cheers.

8. Noel

Noel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Karl,

Thanks for the offer, but I've sorted out my problem. Nice to see another one still going strong!

Thanks again,

Noel