1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi HC900

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ivnikviii, Feb 20, 2005.

1. ivnikviii

ivnikviii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone demo'd the Mitsubishi HC900 yet ? cant seem to find a lot of feedback on its performance anywhere so any info would be gratefully recieved.

2. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Yes I demoed the HC900 at Nexnix in Horsham. (I think most people on here who have seen it, saw it there!)

It's a godd machine, no doubt about it, however in the end chose the Sony Hs-50 for the following reasons.

1. The HC900 fans are noisier than the sony. They're quiet ish... just not as quiet as the sony.

2. Contrast ratio on the Sony is not only better on paper, but I felt was visible on screen.

3. Because the HC900 is a brighter projector, the black level on the Sony was better. (I have a light controlled room, so I find the HS-50 perfectly bright enough.)

4. Lens shift. Not even vertical, let alone horizontal. My projector has to go high up on a wall because of an arch underneath where it's mounted. So I had to have a machine with lens shift.... Sony wins again.

Now, having said alkl this it sounds like I'm saying the HC900 is bad. I'm not. All those things above (with the exception of 4) were very close run things...

In short, if you can mount the machine centally and DON'T have total light control... get the HC900.

If you can't mount centrally and do have total light control... I think you'll find the Sony better...

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Martin

3. Sprout Crumble

Sprout Crumble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Looked at one of these myself but as Martin said, seems incredibly inflexible on positioning. Definate no-no for a coffee table installation, especially as it throws a much smaller picture than any of the big three LCD projectors can at a close distance.

4. DaveMoi

DaveMoi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0