1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi HC900 owners?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rpjcheney, Dec 19, 2004.

1. rpjcheney

rpjcheney
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Are there any HC900 owners out there who read this forum? I'd like to know your thoughts on living with this machine?

Cheers,

Rich.

2. GliderRider

GliderRider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If it's any use I did have a demo but was put off by contour lines, especially on reds. THere was also jitter in some movements. However, I'm now led to believe this was down the DVD Player?

Andy

3. Achechino

Achechino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all, excuse my written english.

I have a hc900 since last friday, and i love it. I've watched at least 10 movies, and the colours are very rich, blacks are deep and contrast is awesome.
    The only issue i have to mention is it's little noise in standard lamp mode, but it¡s so bright you don't need this mode at all. In eco mode is enought bright for a normal room and it's a more quiet. A lot more.

I recommend it. A great value for the money.

4. rpjcheney

rpjcheney
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I too ended up buying one, which is why I haven't been on here for a while. The picture is fantastic and is very filmic. I have been simply devouring films.

Downsides: not silent, no lens shift, bleeds light through the vents at the front.

But the image on the wall is what it is all about, and there the HC900 scores very highly for the money.

Oh well - might watch Hero again...

:)

5. squibbly

squibbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm currently looking at the HC900 and the Optoma H57. Slightly in favour of the HC900 cos it's longer throw just about accomodates shelf-mounting in my attic space.

Anybody used the HC900 with the DVI input yet? Any improvements/ problems/ comments?

6. Murray

Murray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The HC 900 is a wonderful projector and probably one of the best in its price range. I had a TX 100, then the Panny 700 and now the HC900, its definetly better than the other two. the component is great but even more clarity on DVI. Wish it did have a lens shift and quieter on full lamp mode but all the other +'s outway these two drawbacks. Best skin tones Ive ever seen and great blacks! :smashin: