1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi HC900 Owners?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ZeroEX, Nov 4, 2004.

1. ZeroEX

ZeroEX
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment I have a Sony HS50 on pre-order, unfortunately Sony just pushed the release date back towards the end of November, possibly early December. Now thats not so bad if you can actually get one at that time.

But, and this is a big but, I suspect that stock levels will be initially short as worldwide demand is high for these things. So unless your luckily and get one of the first few we could be waiting until the end of December which inevitably means early Jan 2005.

So with these concerns in mind I'm now considering cancelling my pre-order (I haven't actually been billed for the HS50 yet) and going with the Mitsubishi HC900.

I've done some reading up on the French homecinema-fr forum and of course of AVS and I really do like what I'm hearing and seeing here. I would love to hear from any UK owners of this projector since its now in circulation.

Below are a couple of shots taken by another forum member but I thought they had merit so I was wondering what others thought of these?

Attached Files:

2. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi ZeroEx,

I don't own a HC900 but I have seen one in action at Nexnix. I was impressed with the picture quality. I would agree with the comments over on AVS, bright with good colours. I would recommend a demo because of the usual problem of Rainbows. In this respect I thought it was pretty bad compared to the Sharp Z200. Nexnix will be stocking the Sony H50 and their price looks good. Why not wait until they get the Sony in then you can do a back to back comparison. Matt at Nexnix is very helpful.

3. ZeroEX

ZeroEX
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the opinion.

Luckily I'm not that susceptable to the rainbow effect because I've seen the X1 in action for long periods of time and only really see them in scenes with high contrast such as starfields etc. I can't imagine them being worse than the X1 since it has more segments and higher speed colour wheel.

The Sony really does interest me but from a picture perspective I do prefer DLP - they just seem to treat colour more like a traditional CRT would, LCD's on the other hand can be a little rough handed here.

I agree that a demo of the machines is a must.

4. trinemus

trinemus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw a HC900 yestoday and I was imprest, It has a very good pictur, good colors and blacklevel. But some of them I saw It together with said they could see this rainbow, I could not see it. And I saw the rewiev on the projectorcentral of the hs51 alias hs50 and they said that it has a very bad scaler, so you have to invest in a eksternal scalor and that is expenciv. One thing you shoul now about hc900 is that it is reselution 1024x576 so you will not have any benefit when we get realy 720p, you will get a very good pictur on a Z3 with realy 720p.

5. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,091
    Even with xga or Matterhorn resolutions, you will still see an improvement over DVD when fed with 720 or 1080. Obviously not as much as a 720 machine, but the improvements are still there.

Gary.