Mitsubishi HC6500

The HC6500 looks to be PJ to replace my HC4900.

Problem is, i cant find anywhere thats selling it, or a release date, and theres no pricing info either.

The HC6500 looks to be PJ to replace my HC4900.

Problem is, i cant find anywhere thats selling it, or a release date, and theres no pricing info either.
To me it looks as though the Mits HC5500 offers the best price/ performance at around £1272.The HC7000 offers the best performance but weighs in at around £2700. The HC6500 is somewhere between, but closer to the HC5500, and the price is around £1950.
I have gleaned this information and arrived at this conclusion from reading various reviews etc. I don't know what other people think.

To me it looks as though the Mits HC5500 offers the best price/ performance at around £1272.The HC7000 offers the best performance but weighs in at around £2700. The HC6500 is somewhere between, but closer to the HC5500, and the price is around £1950.
I have gleaned this information and arrived at this conclusion from reading various reviews etc. I don't know what other people think.

Do you know if the 6500 has been released yet, or where they are sold?

I have seen the 5500 at ProjectorPoint, but nothing for the 6500 or 7000.

Do you know if the 6500 has been released yet, or where they are sold?

I have seen the 5500 at ProjectorPoint, but nothing for the 6500 or 7000.

Both are due 'soon'. Even my dealer did not receive his demo model yet.

This projector is currently top of my list as well, ( HC5500, HC6500, HC7000, PT-AE3000 ).

More than a little frustrated with this constant vapourware from pj manufacturers, announcing something and then not releasing it for 4 months.

Does anyone know of somewhere you might be able to buy one of these? I can't even find somewhere which says they will be getting them, let alone somewhere which has them. Not listed anywhere. Only place I found Mitsu pjs was ProjectorPoint who now say they're not getting 6500/7000 ( removed the 7000 from their website ), although they are carrying the HC5500.

I think Mitsubishi is restricting the 6500 and 7000 to authorised dealers only, trouble is, I can't even find one of them. There's no "where to buy" link on Mitsubishi's website either. Pretty poor show really.

I think Mitsubishi is restricting the 6500 and 7000 to authorised dealers only, trouble is, I can't even find one of them. There's no "where to buy" link on Mitsubishi's website either. Pretty poor show really.

This is correct. Mitsubishi resells their top-ends through authorized dealers only (like Denon does). My dealer is authorized dealer and still waiting for his demo sample ;)

I have now spoken to Mitsubishi. They have HC6500 units in stock in the country, they're just sitting at the warehouse because they haven't decided how to sell them yet. They haven't "worked out the channels".

They have four main resellers, but no list of retailers who sell to the public.

They couldn't tell me a retailer from which to buy their products, they went away and managed to come up with one name, some data-projector company.

Very poor show.

Spooney isn't willing to name his retailer, so is there anyone here who knows of a dealer who can supply these units who is willing to share the name?

Spooney isn't willing to name his retailer, so is there anyone here who knows of a dealer who can supply these units who is willing to share the name?

All you have to do is ask directly, mate. I will PM you with the contact details of my dealer as I do not want to advertize any dealer directly in this forum.

The UK account manager for these product is supposed to be giving me a call, if he ever does ( which I doubt ), I'll ask him what the score is and when the're actually going to ship them to retailers.

I'm very new on this whole projector thing and have recently started reading about them here and elsewhere with great interest.

I must admit that in a capitalist society (especially in the current climate) it does seem utterly bizarre that any manufacturer would make availability of their goods so poor and that you'd have to pursue them for the opportunity to buy them :confused:

It's a shame since (from reviews) it seems like Mitsubishi make decent projectors.

I'm very new on this whole projector thing and have recently started reading about them here and elsewhere with great interest.

I must admit that in a capitalist society (especially in the current climate) it does seem utterly bizarre that any manufacturer would make availability of their goods so poor and that you'd have to pursue them for the opportunity to buy them :confused:

It's a shame since (from reviews) it seems like Mitsubishi make decent projectors.

<rant on>
In no way I want to defend Mitisubishi, Denon, e.a. who manufacture top-end products but to some extend it makes sense to me to move away from the cheap (literally) Internet channels and move towards authorized dealers capable to consult potential buyers, provide the support you deserve and actually pay for, clear return policy, taking the extra mile now and then to keep you happy in case something goes wrong, etc. When different resellers compete over price moving boxes with content around only the final result is a crappy product. If you look at all the cheap Chinese manufactured products you will understand what I want to point out.
Quality costs money and requires certain channels to the buyer. The old saying you get what you pay for is true.
Will they lose some potential buyers, yes for sure. But knowing it costs ten times to get a new customer compared to keeping an existing one it makes sense from a financial perspective and a look beyond year end's closing.
</rant off>

<rant on>
In no way I want to defend Mitisubishi, Denon, e.a. who manufacture top-end products but to some extend it makes sense to me to move away from the cheap (literally) Internet channels and move towards authorized dealers capable to consult potential buyers, provide the support you deserve and actually pay for, clear return policy, taking the extra mile now and then to keep you happy in case something goes wrong, etc. When different resellers compete over price moving boxes with content around only the final result is a crappy product. If you look at all the cheap Chinese manufactured products you will understand what I want to point out.
Quality costs money and requires certain channels to the buyer. The old saying you get what you pay for is true.
Will they lose some potential buyers, yes for sure. But knowing it costs ten times to get a new customer compared to keeping an existing one it makes sense from a financial perspective and a look beyond year end's closing.
</rant off>

That's fair enough and I agree with you. I'm not opposed to any manufacturer wanting to move away from the box-shifting route but they should at least be more forthcoming with information from whom you can buy their products.

Reading some of the earlier posts in this thread felt like you needed to be part of some secret cult to consider buying one of these!

Reading some of the earlier posts in this thread felt like you needed to be part of some secret cult to consider buying one of these!

LOL :clap:

As an update, the Mitsubishi UK Product Manager for these projectors did indeed call me back, he's a very nice chap. I have to say that, as he might be reading these threads ;) Seriously though, he was a very nice bloke, and we had a chat about these pjs and Mitsubishi's plans for distribution.

Story is that Mitusbishi are indeed still deciding what channels through which to sell these, and they can't give a list of retailers who will stock them yet. They're aiming for a release at the beginning of November, so you all don't have much longer to wait.

The projectors are in the country already, sitting in the warehouse waiting to go out to dealers, when they decide who those dealers should be, so they should move quickly when they're ready.

As I understand it, Mitsubishi have four main distributors, who then supply the retailers, I may have that wrong though.

Anyway, kudos to Mitsubishi for talking to the little guy on the street, and thanks to Carlton for giving me a bell. I look forward to hearing from him again. *hint* :D

I was supposed to be doing a presentation for a Photographic Society this evening, and need a PJ to do it with. They're looking at buying their own PJ and I'm trying to persuade them to go with a Mitsubishi 5500, so I want to impress them with a decent PJ. I've managed to get them to reschedule the presentation to 4th Nov, so I'm hoping I can get my hands on a 6500 in time ;)

Does anyone know the price of these? RRP and the expected online prices?

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom