• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mitsubishi HC5500 at amazon

Benrudd1

Have noticed that the Mitsubishi HC5500 is a good price on amazon at the moment. Does anybody know what warranty they supply with it? Is it the full 3 year uk one?

Thanks

Axel40

Banned
I just got the HC6500 and it seems to me that it's a given in the UK to get the 3 year warranty on Mitsi PJ's

I got mine from Hifix though.

If you check Hifix (he's a trader here btw) you will see they state the 3 year warranty comes with your chosen PJ.
Also, you could tell em about Amazons price and they will match it, or at least try to:thumbsup:

I got great service from them btw, which is why I'm pointing you at them but that is an awesome saving from Amazon and they deserve kudos for knocking it out at that price :)

Last edited:

Benrudd1

Thanks guys. I am still undecided if the HC5500 will be enough of a step up over my Panasonic ae900, or should I be trying to justify the extra cost of the Panasonic ae3000 :D

scumball

Distinguished Member
Thanks guys. I am still undecided if the HC5500 will be enough of a step up over my Panasonic ae900, or should I be trying to justify the extra cost of the Panasonic ae3000 :D

Personally when I upgrade I'm pretty sure it will be to the HC5500 as it is meant to be a pretty sharp picture which I would like to see after my 'smooth' Panasonic, it is a nice small footprint for a 1080p PJ and most importantly for me it is silent and great value. I have no need for the Panasonic 2.35:1 options, the idea of FRC does not enamour me and the price is still quite high (although the free bulb offer is a good one until the end of June).

Realistically I think the black levels on any LCD PJ are going to be pretty comparable at this level, it is only when comparing different technologies (or up the budget) you may start to see a big difference - DLP, DILA or SXRD...

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom