Mitsubishi HC5000

leo79

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

Would £700 be well spent on a HC5000 or would it be wise to get something like HD200/BenQ-W1000.

I need lens shift and a 12v trigger and the HC5000 seems to tick all the right boxes, I'm aware that black levels are'nt brilliant but is it any worse than the newer cheap 1080P projectors on the market.

Thanks

Leo

Anyone? Kbfern?:hiya:

Thanks

Leo

Your wish is my command sir:DSpend £999 and get an Epson3200 it ticks all your boxes and is new with 3yr warranty (on the bulb as well).

It's better than the HD200 which will set you back £750 or so and the Benq seems to have a problem with rainbows.

If you don't have the budget for the Epson I guess the HC5000 would be Ok as it was a great pj in it's time but things have moved on quite a bit in the last 3-4 yrs.Also as it's used there is no warranty and if you need a new bulb any time soon you might have well splashed the cash on the Epson anyway.:)

Thank you very much, just what I needed to hear.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

Leo

Infamy infamy they've all got it in for me:D

They are larger than most dlp models but more or less the same size as most LCD/D-ila machines.

Features like lens shift better zoom ratio along with being much quieter than the DLP alternatives are in my view more important points to consider.

Leo, offer £500, I would'nt buy anything at asking price if it's second hand. If he's not happy with £550 try classifieds or get a cheap new 1080p projector. Thats just what I would do.

Dont forget the Sany plvz800 going for £989 inc vat at Projector shop24, thats a cracking projector too.

Projector Point is selling the Mitsubishi HC3800 for £790 + vat. See Art Firemans review on projector reviews.com to find out why it's the best projector you can buy without spending big bucks. A 5000 hr lamp life compared to any other projector at 2000 really makes it a sensible purchase.

I have had mine since May and i've got 650 hrs on the clock, this means i've got 4350 hrs left and i've used it nearly every day.

My Mitsubishi projector sits about 4 feet directly above my head and I can bearly hear it. They have a new fan in them which makes them extremly quiet for a dlp. The wife sits a few feet from me and she has never mentioned it. Believe me, if any one is going to notice anything its going to be her!:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom