Mitsubishi HC3 with xbox and Home theatre system! help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tommycornelio, Oct 30, 2004.

1. tommycornelio

tommycornelio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

im going to purchase a home theatre system for my room, my room is about 4.5metres long and this is what i want to do:

widescreen projector electric screen 1.5m by 0.88metres, projector will be on the other side of the room.

mitsubishi hc3 projector? is this fine?

i then want to connect a good home theatre audio system to the projector with dvd player, now the question is, i want to connect my xbox and ps2 to the projector and be able to hear it through the home theatre system, is it possible to connect my xbox and ps2 to the home theatre reciever? and then connect the reciever to projector?

is that possible ? i suppose it is?

please let me know as soon as possible, and what home theatre system could i purchase that would support inputs for the xbox and ps2?

thanks,
    tommy.

p.s. i also want to be able to project normal tv , how can i do that? ive been told to hook up a vcr as well?

thanks

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Tommy :hiya:

The HC3 doesn't seem to be an ideal projector for watching movies on, it has a low contrast ratio which will mean blacks will be more like dirty grays and that can severely degrade the perceived picture quality.

It is also severly limited as to the inputs it has:

15 pin d-sub
    s-Video
    Composite

Composite is unwatchable on a big screen, so that leaves just two and S-Video isn't exactly great quality either. I'm not sure what receivers there are that'll take VGA outputs (nor for that matter do I know what outputs the X-Box and PS2 have), but S-Video is probably okay for those .. leaving how to connect the DVD player. You may need to buy a component->VGA converter, if such a thing exists or have to settle for S-Video for that too.

Frankly, I think you may have problems getting all your kit connected to this machine with any degree of picture quality, it'll be BIG but not necessarily BEAUTIFUL ;) .. but I'm far from an expert in interconnects (not having any consoles) and receivers so there may be a simple answer.

3. tommycornelio

tommycornelio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what projector do you recommend for me then?
    BENQ PB6100 is in my price range,
    Sanyo Z2?

4. MichaelWRX

MichaelWRX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont agree with poor SVID input. I have this unit and feed it a SVID signal from the STB and looks great. Better than the SVID of the BENQ's which is very soft.

Scroll down this link to see a compare of the Benq and Mitsubishi svideo screenshot

http://www.scannerplace.com/projectors_mitsubishi.html

5. dduk

dduk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tommycornelio, I also own this unit and whilst I do not own an Xbox, movies appear great!

MichaelWRX, I am currently running this unit using a composite cable - is it worth upgrading to and S-video for the money?

6. MichaelWRX

MichaelWRX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Absolutely