Mitsubishi HC3 vs Optoma H30

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Spasm, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Spasm

Spasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saw a shoot out between these two projectors the other day in Richmond at Projector Point.

My friend was interested in the HC3 and as I already had the H30 I was keen to see the difference. We ran the Mitsubishi first and I was impressed with the quality of the picture. We then ran the HC3 next to the Optoma themescene H30 there was no competition!.

The depth and saturation of the H30 compared to the mitsubishi was unrivelled. I really liked the Optoma thats why I got one, but my friend who originally was an LCD fan "mumble mumble rainbows rainbows" saw the light and bought the H30 there and then!

Has any one seen any more shoot outs in the flesh?

2. LongBow

LongBow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep I've seen one and have since purchased one. I managed to compare the H30 with the following SIM2 HT200, Sanyo SU41, Optoma H56 and a Hitachi CPX220. With out a doubt the H30 I think is value for money, although if I had the cash then the SIM was far better.

The raindow effect that everyone talks about was minimal on all three DLP projectors. That said I'm sure screen material plays a big part in it as well? (An comments guy/girls)

I managed to find it cheap as well £1050 inc vat from a company on my local online pages, Decibel Audio (www.decibelaudio.co.uk) did not see him on the Optoma website though, who cares anyway, saved some money for the beers!

LongBow

3. Spasm

Spasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Beers are whats inmportant at the end of the day!

I haven't see the Sim but i've been told a big adavantage is the lens shift and the long throw lense meaning you can put the projector at the back of the room the right way up! great for those that love to make their own mounts!

I agree with that the quality of the screen is good. I saved loads by buying a reversa screen (front projection) that is apparantly made in the same factory out of the same material as used on Davis screens.

Fraction of the cost!

:)

4. LongBow

LongBow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spasm,

Have you tried your H30 using scart rgb direct for your DVD?

LongBow

5. Spasm

Spasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have I have plugged the scart adaptor supplied into my DVD then used a 15 pin VGA cable, not the one supplied but on I got with my LCD and ran it into the monitor input. Picture is good but as I have now got a component DVD player I use the other converter!