Mitsubishi HC2000 - Setup & Contouring Advice please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Chairmanron, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Chairmanron

Chairmanron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, new to forum although been into HC for about 10 years.

About 6 months ago I purchased a new (although old model now) Mitsubishi HC2000 DLP Projector. It was at a price I could not refuse and I have generally been happy with it. I run it with a 6' Owl elec screen from a Sony RDR-HXD870 with an HDMI to DVI cable and tend to let the Sony upscale to either 720p, although I have run it at 1080i.

However, I have run a THX optimizer disk and tweaked a few of the settings, I have actually found that the factory settings are almost spot on?

In addition, I do notice quite a bit of what I can only describe as "contouring" on people's faces and scenes with higher green hue such as some sky backgrounds.

I have had a quick look for other articles on the forum regarding issues with the HC2000 most of which relate to blooming on early models. My projector has a SN of 0001572, so I guess is likely to be one of the late ones with the firmware fix, however I shall try to call Mitsubishi and the place where I purchased it this week.

So the question is, can anyone help with advice as to any setting tweaks for the HC2000 or any advice as to the contouring I appear to be seeing on some films (apart from this issue I am generally happy with the projector).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks. :lease: