Mitsubishi DLP WD-73833- WHICH HDMI CABLES TO USE

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by pc4biz, Sep 17, 2007.

1. pc4biz

pc4biz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just upgraded from a Wd-73831 to a wd- 73833 dlp set. This happened by luck more than anything. A couple of weeks ago I bought a 73" mitsubishi Wd-73831 but when i got it it was damaged. To make the story short after paying a restocking fee for the damage tv I got a Wd-73833 model and still kept the damaged model. Well during the time i was waiting for my new model 833 i was using the 831 to watch my blue ray, hd fios and xbox 360. I enjoyed every minute even though the top of my 831's screen had a black recktangle across the display. The picture look liquidly perfect. when i finally got my 833 model i was very excited. this was a bit more sophysticated than the other. it came with hdmi 1.3 and the turbo ligth system. To set it up, i used the same hdmi cables i used in the older model. When i finally turned on my new set while using the blue ray (SAMSUNG BD-P1200 Blu-Ray Player 1080P & HDMI 1.3 ) Which looked terrific in the older 831. I was a bit disappointed. The picture quality looked good but not as good as the 831.

I wonder if i have to use hdmi 1.3 cables to make the picture look better or at least as good as the 831 model. Any suggestions?

2. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190
    A more expensive or different cable won't make any difference. As long as the cable can do up to 1080p without creating sparklies (snow effect) or lines on the screen then that will be fine. Cheaper cable sometimes cannot cope with 720 or 1080.

I don't know the model but make sure you set up the picture the best you can.

3. pc4biz

pc4biz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your info. You are right, that is exactly what is bothering me the snow effect. i will change my cables and hope that it may fix the problem. I went to circuit city today and they told me that i needed to have the hdmi 1.3 cables though. They are very expensive.

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,190
    HDMI cables shouldn't be that expensive (even ones that can do 1080p). Is there somewhere online you can order one? They are just trying to get you to pay more money than you need.