Quantcast

Mitsubishi dlp 73735 white flicker?

outofrng623

Standard Member
I have a very old Mitsubishi 73" 73735 DPL. If I didn't already have money into it, I would replace it. I have called my "regular" repair guy, who was a great guy, but apparently he has closed his place due to illness. So far the white dot chip was replaced and the lamp replaced. That was roughly two years ago. Lately I have been getting a flickering across the whole screen. I am not sure of the best way to explain it, but a flicker or an increase in brightness. Happens across all sources. Swapped cables, etc. If I pause an input, the screen could flicker, then stop, then start again. If I turn the tv off for a few minutes, turn it back on, it doesn't flicker for a little while. I thought heat at first, but its been going on long enough and I have been trying to pay attention...it doesn't appear to be heat related, but I could be wrong. Anyone see anything like this or any ideas? Bulb going, power issue, color wheel? I have a video, but between trying to video a TV and then trying to view it on the pc, it may prove to be difficult. I will try to upload it if I can...and I cannot. lol Thanks

AndyRg4

Unfortunately JayCee may be right. Even if you think it is not an option, the cost of repair could well be in excess the cost of a reasonable 65" replacement. That's even if you can diagnose the fault and obtain parts for an old set

outofrng623

Standard Member
I appreciate that and have considered it. But a few things. I get most of my parts for free or real cheap. I can do the repairs myself. Even if I were to find out that it’s a bulb, that’s a big difference from buying another 73” tv. Next one I get will probably be bigger anyhow. Plus. Will be moving within a few months and have no desire to move out a tv move in another and then move that one out I’m on the second floor. No elevator. lol. The only reason I have a tv repair guy is because Mitsubishi refused to send me a part for free unless I allowed a Mitsubishi repair person install it. I even offered to waive any warranty etc and they wouldn’t do it. So. I had no choice. He was a good guy and knew his stuff, so I attempted to reach out for an idea of what to look for. I don’t want to throw parts at it. That’s the issue. If someone says oh yeah exact same thing and it was the powerboard, then I would change it. Just looking for something to go on. Other than that flicker, the tv is flawless. Thanks

JayCee

Distinguished Member
BTW this is a UK forum you’ve posted at and Mitsubishi DLP’s were never popular or common this side of the pond.

outofrng623

Standard Member
Ha, well isn't that something. Never realized. Thing is, I had used a forum a while back for an issue with this TV...Couldn't remember which forum, signed into this one and it worked...So I figured, meh must be it...Come to now, I looked back and it turns out it was 6 years ago and not for the TV. Oh well. More eyes cant hurt. But, I will keep it in mind for the future.