1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitsubishi 52327 Problems -- Please HELP ; ;

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by illogik, Aug 7, 2005.

1. illogik

illogik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, first off I'm new to the forums and I hate to make my first post a negative one...

I went to Conns the other day and bought this DLP tv, but I didn't do too much research.. and now I'm not sure its the best choice I could have made :suicide:

First off, I like the TV overall, good picture and I didn't really even notice the lack of 720p (although I'm sure I will, I have a 720p capable dvd player and will be getting the xbox 360 / ps3)... so I'm not sure if I should return it and upgrade to a model with 720p or better? Which model would you recommend? I don't really need a built in HDTV tuner, but I will be playing xbox / ps3 games - does the 52327 even have the DLP delay problem I've read about?

main point :hiya:
    The reason I ask this now is because my TV doesn't work anymore :mad:

When I turn it on it waits a couple seconds and then shuts off and the service light turns a constant red.

I was baffled at first but I did some research, thought it might be power line corruption (so I tried an APC UPS I had instead of the surge "protector" I'd been using thinking it might be better at line cleaning... that didn't help.. I've left it unplugged a couple times for 1-2 hours and it comes up after that, runs for a random period of time, and then goes back to shutting off.

edit:
    btw, the only thing I have plugged into the TV is a Samsung HW38 (the Home Theater Wireless DVD package thingy)... total impulse buy...

thanks in advance :clap:

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Welcome to AVForums. I should point out that the majority of the membership here is in the UK. Whilst that doesn't mean, in any way, that you aren't welcome, what it does mean is that you may not get much in the way of useful help. Indeed, Mitsubishi is not a brand we see on DLP RPTVs at all here. So, please, don't be surprised or offended.

3. Chumpy

Chumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, basic troubleshooting - if you disconnect the DVD player et al does it work again?

Secondly, it it's not that, my guess would be that it maybe the bulb that needs replacing, but I would have thought this would have been covered in the back of the manual under the troubleshooting section ?

4. illogik

illogik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks LV426. I wasn't aware of that (Mitsubishi not being in the UK), this was however, the only forum of this type that I could find.

Chumpy I tried disconnecting the dvd player first thing (should've mentioned that).

I'm guessing its not the bulb as there is a seperate light that comes on in that instance.