1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitac plasma. Anygood?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by hencole, Feb 18, 2003.

1. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I work for the NHS and we will be shortly getting a couple of 42 inch plasmas for use with a video conferencing system. One company that is bidding for the contract have offered Mitac, whilst the other Pioneer. Now I've used Pioneer audio equipment and found it be of good quality in general. Are their plasmas any good? I have not heard of Mitac before so would have reservations about them. Anyone know of their quality?

PS My boss needs some answers as soon as possible. So any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Henry:)

2. ANDYP64

ANDYP64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MITAC IS A TAIWANESE COMPANY VERY BIG IN COMPUTERS,THEY HAVE JUST COME IN TO THE PLASMA ARENA. I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE BUT I EXPECT IT TO BE IN THE ENTRY LEVEL DEPT.
    IF I HAD A CHOICE IT WOULD BE PIONEER.

3. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have just had a brochure on the Mitac 42inch.
    It is 2395 ex vat including built in speakers, tuner 1 year on site warranty and a stand..(well two little feet actually)
    However I have not seen one in the flesh working. I do know that it does not have a screensaver.

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    The Pioneer is always going to be, without a doubt, the better screen. However, is the video conferencing unit going to be throwing out a good enough quality of signal to make the Pioneer worth the money?

All I know about the MiTAC is that it uses Samsung glass but does a better job of it than Samsung, looks better and the in-bezel speakers are a very nice touch. If you give the spec a closer look you will notice progressive scan with 3:2 pulldown and a DVI input are also included in the price!

5. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone,

We've decided to go with the pioneers, which I think is probably best.