1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mitac Mio 168, with GPS receiver

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by rhoamish, Sep 9, 2004.

1. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We've had a Tomtom in-car satellite navigation system for a while now, and we were using a Toshiba e330. Unfortunately, this doesn't work any more (it always felt flimsy, to be honest).

I've replaced it with a Mitac Mio 168, which has a built-in GPS receiver. I ordered it online from www.totalpda.co.uk, and it arrived very promptly, and cost about £270 including delivery.

So far, I'm very impressed. The screen is very clear, it works a treat with Tomtom (once you suss how to set up the GPS receiver) and it even comes with a car cradle, USB cable and an exterior GPS antenna, should your car have a heated or heat-reflective windscreen. The unit feels well-made, and seems to work pretty quickly.

If you're thinking of giving one a go, I'd recommend this. Because the GPS is built-in, you can also use sat nav on foot, or anywhere you like. Another bonus is that the built-in speaker is pretty loud, so the voice instructions are really clear, even on the motorway.

Two Tumbs Up! :smashin: :smashin: