Misty Windscreen

• Thread starter Deleted member 13294
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 13294

Does anyone else have this problem?

On rainy days, the windscreen mists up. That's fine, happens in a lot of cars and I just have to put the aircon on to help clear it. However, in my car this also happens when it is dry. And to make it worse, as soon as I turn the air-con off the mist returns quite quickly.

There are no funny smells from the air system, and I don't get any misting up on the side windows or rear window.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be, and more importantly how I can stop it!

markymark34

The little switch that controls whether you have re-circulated air or air from the outside of the car, whats it set at?

D

Deleted member 13294

The air recirculation is turned off.

I'll check for leaves in the morning - good suggestion.

I think my car has a pollen filter, but not sure where it is or how to get at it.

wells

Standard Member
I suffered this for almost a year (VW Golf) then read about changing the pollen filter - dealer had never done it. Bought one from halfords for abour £12 and fitted it myself. Took about 5 mins. In the golf it's just under the windscreen on the passenger side (under the bonnet)
Problem sorted. The old one was black and nasty.

lynx

Squiffy said:
I think my car has a pollen filter, but not sure where it is or how to get at it.
Most are located on or around the scuttle area within the engine bay.

B

Biskitboy

This is often the result of having damp in the car from a leak somewhere which you may be completely unaware of in other respects.

Check the carpets carefully both front and back and if you find any of them damp then find out where it's coming from. In a hatchback check the boot area also.

D

Deleted member 13294

No leaves in the air intake, no leaks or wet patches that I can see.

Can't find the pollen filter, although I must admit I have no idea what it looks like. :rolleyes:

Car is a Skoda Fabia VRS if anyone knows where I should be looking. :)

D

Deleted member 13294

sean5302 said:
You'll like this.
Crikey. :eek:

I think I'll wait till I get back from a few days away (starting Wednesday) till I try getting at that. Don't want to do my back in! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.