Misssion FS2-AV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Erik, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Erik

Erik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying the Mission FS2-AV speaker package. I have read the reviews in different magazines and they seem good.
    The problem is that I am unable to test listen to them here in Sweden.
    Has someone here have them or have heard them and can help me if it is a good buy?

Thanks

2. njlowrie

njlowrie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I went to the HiFi World exhibition in London a short while ago.I went to see the Mission system. On the way to the room, I had the chance to experience some ultra expensive setups which sounded mighty impressive (and took up loads of space as well!)

The chap from Mission first explained the technology and then put on a music demo. This sounded quite good (hifi quality, definitely) but compared to the systems I had previously heard, it was a bit lacking in some respects. It wasnt that the sound was any poorer. However, I think the panels generate sound that fills the room to such an extent that you cant pinpoint where the sound is being generated from.

In a normal TV, you look at the screen with the music playing and the sound is being generated from speakers enclosed in the TV. You eyes and ears are therefore in sync with each other.

When the NXT system was used, it produced much better sound, but you couldnt pinpoint where the sound was coming from. It felt as though you were watching a TV with the sound turned off and the music was being generated somewhere else, as your audio visual perception was somewhat out of sync.

Please also bear in mind that some of the systems I had just heard cost up to an order of magnitude more than the FS2.

A clip form Men in Black was then played. Loud. Very loud. And it was great. Its quite amazing how such small panels can make so much clear and distinct sound. The speakers were neatly attached to the corners and the sub was nowhere to be seen. As the Mission chap said, you can get better, but you will have to spend significantly more to obtain any discernible difference.

I also believe the FS2 was the most user friendly and realistic of all the systems I saw. With some costing up to £25,000, I doubt many of us have the space or the privacy to enjoy an expensive system to its full potential. The FS2 proves that NXT is of Hifi quality and has the advantage of user-friendlyness.

For those of you interested, the video was being played through a Denon DVD and Denon AC10 amp.

The FS2 is £700 from www.hifibitz.co.uk. This includes 4 corner speakers, 1 centre speaker, a sub, flat speaker cable and everything needed to fiw the speakers to the walls.

3. Erik

Erik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your reply, I have just ordered the FS2-AV system. Will receive it within 3 weeks.

Will get back to you, when I get it to let you know what I think of it.

4. njlowrie

njlowrie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Eric,

I hope you enjoy the system. It's certianly one of the best around for the price.

Would you like to write a critical review of the system once you have tested it out?

You can submit reviews on http://www.flat-speaker.co.uk

5. Erik

Erik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I´ll get back with a review. Will take a while. As it takes three weeks until I get the system.