Missions, 25/04/22, recording failures, anyone?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On both my Humax boxes, I had failed recirdings of both episodes 1 & 2 of Missions, BBC4HD, yesterday, but episode 3 was fine. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar? Both my boxes are connected to the same distribution system at my home, so it could be a local issue. The last recording from BBC4HD was last week, and, as far as I can tell, is OK (yet to watch).

The Snooker (preceeding Missions) overran by about 35 minutes.
I had one long recording which included multiple episodes (haven't watched it yet, so can't confirm exactly what's there, but it started at ep 1 and was still recording after ep3 finished)

@mccg : Thanks. I got episode 3, which I didn’t check, but my Humax boxes differed. My 1100S reported failures for episodes 1 & 2; my single tuner box just got the 3rd episode with no mention of any other recording failures. By comparison, my Manhattan T3-R Freeview recorder got all three episodes, in spite of the late running.

If nothing else, it confirms that it wasn’t a problem with my setup per se, but does suggest that the software on the Humax boxes isn’t that clever when it comes to dealing with scheduling changes, not that there’s much chance of any fixes.

Why not watch on Iplayer?

Well, the rubbish quality, for a start. Somewhere along the line SWMBO and I must have missed the second series, so we used iPlayer last night to watch some of that first. Awful picture quality, very poor black level handling and overblown audio. It really is time that the BBC dragged its streaming platform into the 21st century.

I’ll carry on recording the 3rd series, and flip to that once my entanglement with iPlayer is at an end. If memory serves, the first series had a 5.1 audio track, something missing on series 3. Same deal with Gentleman Jack too, I believe. Good ol’ BBC …

The quality is fine here. Broadband need improving?

Nope, broadband is fine, VM350 connection. Netflix et al fine, but the iPlayer drop in quality compared to BBC HD channels is obvious. Even my wife, who is definitely not a critical viewer, noticed it.

Strange.:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom