Mission

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by felixp, Sep 9, 2005.

1. felixp

felixp
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

I am just taking the step into Home cinema and I have bought 2nd hand the following 702e, 700 and a 70c2. Are these any good? The reviews seem to think so. My only worry is the 70c2 is huge!! Would I be better off with a 75c? any help appreciated.

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    The 70C2 would be the best option. Congratulations, the last range of Mission 70 series were excellent budget speakers. I used to have some 701s which are still doing excellent service with a friend - they don't make bookshelf speakers like that anymore. :)

3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,552
    Still have my old 700 set up on the kitchen stereo and the 702e are in the basement for when we're playing pool.
    Loved them but didn't have the room in the front room of the house. I wouldn't have changed them otherwise.

4. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    I'm glad they don't. I had a pair of 701 fantastic untll the front baffle started to vibrate. Mission repaired them, with some concrete looking glue which meant i had to keep the grills on as it looked awfull. Then three months later the other one started doing it. I binned them and stupidly bought 702e (which i didn't think sounded as good) After nine months one started the vibrating baffle. RS swapped it over said it was common, found stacks on the internet about it yet Mission denied they had a problem. After another month the other one started doing the same. I glued the baffle with no nails as the vinyl wrap meant it couldn't be taken apart. This fixed it and I sold them a short while ago and bought some Cantons for 6.1 duties and a pair of Evo3's which i bought off a friend who was selling them as i love their sound. It didn't surprise me when Mission went up for sale. I won't buy Missions again.