1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission vs Wharfedale

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kinemax, Oct 9, 2005.

1. kinemax

kinemax
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm considering getting a budget front-speaker L/R/C combo to go with my Denon 3802, and would like to get feedbacks on experience with the sound quality of the following speakers and/or combos:

- Mission m73's and m72i center
    - Mission m35i's and m3c2i center
    - Wharfedale Diamond 8.4's and Diamond 8 center

TIA.

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I have the M73/72 combo. They sound great, but I have an Arcam amp which is warm-sounding. Your Denon amp has a more sharp tone, so I would recommend you try the warmer Diamond speakers before either of the Mission setups.

Use the M73's in a small/medium room - the other two need more space to breathe and will boom if not given enough.

3. PoisonJam

PoisonJam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Once you've narrowed it down based on your room size, nothing beats trying them out for yourself if you can find a showroom that stocks them.

I was after a budget system and I love rock/alternative dance music; everything pointed towards the B&W 603s with their deep base and rich treble. I got a chance to compare them side by side them with the cheaper Warfedale 9.1s on my shortlist and the latter is what I went for. The B&Ws just didn't suit my ears so to speak. I didn't like the slightly forward trebble.

You just have to try them yourself. It also helped that the listening room I was in wasn't too much bigger than my room though.