Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mission Volare v60 - help please

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by loz1975, Oct 10, 2005.

1. loz1975

loz1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

Basically I'm just after some reassurance. I have been deciding upon my first ever stereo separates. I have settled upon NAD C521BEE & C320BEE and listened to a few different speakers. Budget constraints are pushing me towards a pair of Mission Volare V60s. During audition these sounded good to me. I compared them to Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s and although they didn't sound as good, they weren't a big let down like I thought they might be. Can anyone offer an opinion on the V60s - are they a sensible budget choice for the NAD system? - price is £100. The main reason I'm worrried is that I've searched for info on the speakers and they only seem to be used as part of multi-channel AV set-ups.

Any responses gratefully received.

Thanks
    Paul

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,647
    If they sounded good to your ears thats what matters, have another listen to them against the Wharfedale or something else arround the same price/your budget and you can oly make the right choice.

Remember the room accustics makes as much difference to the sound as the speaker/amp OR source so unless you can demo in the area you are gonna use them, you'll never know 100%.

Demo again and then decide, the price does seem good though, and if you can demo as close to your system as you can + take in a cd with you :)

3. c123

c123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a 320BEE and have just bought a pair of Volare V61's (£150 superfi).
    I compared them to the 9.1's and they sounded much better.

If you can stretch your budget a little then i would highly recomend these.

But as above listen and see what you think.

4. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    NAD / Mission seem to have a good synergy - I run my C320BEE with a pair of m70s and the combination sounds excellent.