Mission v60... £65... New

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Xerotrace, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Xerotrace

Xerotrace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Good deal? they said £69 on the side. I only had 65 but i asked a good friend for a fiver. They brought them out and it said "£65" I thought sweet. I was gonna buy some M30i's for £49 (£65 for beach thats why i had 65 not 50 on me HAAHAHAH) but i'm glad looked a bit harder. :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :D

2. Xerotrace

Xerotrace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I can't find reviews for them anywhere. Does anyone here have a pair? Still breaking them in.

3. OV3RCLOCK3R

OV3RCLOCK3R
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
  4. Xerotrace

Xerotrace

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I found that one as soon as i got it but its nowhere else. not even audioreview.

5. swanytroon

swanytroon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    where you get them from?

6. Breithart

Breithart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You got a terrific deal. Here in the states I bought a pair for $270. Thats around 135 pounds these days (my American keyboard doesn't have a pound symbol). I bought my v60's for a 2.0 system. I was amazed at the quality of sound that poured from them. They are small (not bigger than a shoe box) and sitting atop my Energy stands they look great. Mine are cherry with black grills. The midrange and bass are their strong points. The midrange has that "liquid" sound that the reviewers talk about when auditioning quality loudspeakers. The bass is astounding for such a small woofer of 130mm. It is deep and forceful.

On some occasions I have used my Yamaha YST-200 subwoofer with them, but allowing the v60's to run it's full bandwidth and setting the sub crossover at 50hz. Mostly, when I listen to movie soundtracks, electronic or classical music. The bass that comes from the v60's alone is tuneful and gutsy on most music.

I have run my v60's on a Parasound HCA-1000 (100 watt) power amp direct from my Panasonic DVD player and I have also used my Onkyo M-504 power amp (165 watt) and Yamaha preamp system and both make those little guys rock. After a couple of months of living with them, I ordered another pair to keep as spares because I didn't ever want to not have that sound. With Mission going through changes recently, I wasn't sure about getting my original pair serviced if needed. I envy you guys in GB with your access to Mission loudspeakers at great prices. :smashin: