1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission speakers

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mulder, Mar 5, 2003.

1. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone help! I need to replace my old set of rear speakers but cannot afford the mission M7ds so I'm looking for a set of rears around £90. I would like to buy Mission rears if possible because I already own the Mission M7c1 and M73 floorstanding Speakers but I'm struggling to find anything in that price range. I was toying with the Mission M70 bookshelf speakers but i'm not 100% sure if they would be suitable as rears, does anyone know if the M70 are suitable or should I be looking at another make?

2. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    M70s make great rears in an M7 system. For those who prefer direct radiating rears they're the surround of choice, and I think Mission even recommend these for use as the surround backs in and EX setup.

TBH I thought they were about the same price as the M7DS though?:confused:

3. rjw

rjw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I'm quite happily using Mission 70's (the predecessors of the M70's) as rears with M74/M7C2 front's.

I might "upgrade" to M70i's if they came up at the right price, but have no real need to replace the 70's.

4. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    M70s (or their cheaper Denon badged twins) are excellent little speakers. I was blown away by just how much noise comes out of such a tiny box!

5. garry_brock

garry_brock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mulder,

I think if you check Richer Sounds you may well find the excellent 77ds rears in there for £99...... half original selling price.
    Failing that, i think that hi-fi-junkies are doing the m7ds for £69 at the moment
    Hope this helps.

Garry

6. Sandman

Sandman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +730
    I have the same M73 fronts and M7c1 centre speaker set up as you and recently added the 77DS rear speakers. These speakers sound great although it took a while to find the perfect place to position them. I got them from richer sounds in edinburgh and they still have a couple pairs left.

7. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the help guys! I checked out richer sounds but you can only purchase m77ds in their stores only and I don't live close enough to one of their stores, does anyone know where else I can find the m77ds rears? If not I might buy the mission 70's from QED for £82 unless anyone knows of somewhere cheaper.