1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission Speaker Selection Help!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by CarlosTheJackel, Oct 30, 2002.

1. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have decided to buy a Sony STR-DB1070. I am also looking for a set of speakers to go with it. I was planning Mission as I generally like the sound and have some on my Hi-Fi set up. Having looked in an old magazine I had decided on a Misson Cinema 7 pack which no longer seems to be available:( Hyperfi have the 6 pack advertised for £199 but its black and boring looking - anyone any suggestions? They also have the Mission Cinema 70 pack for £229 but I don't know anything about it!:) I have read reviews of the M72 pack which seems good - any advice would be gratefull:)

2. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I have a Mission Cinema I went with seperates because I had more choice that way.

I use Mission M73 floorstanders, Mission M7c2 Center, M7ds rears and IPL Acoustics SW2 Subwoofer.

I definatly reccomend getting the M7c2 as a center speaker rarther than a M7c1, the M7c2 is miles better.

I nice setup I reccomend would be M72's as fronts, a M7c2 as center, either M72's or M7ds as rears depending on you room layout and a nice subwoofer to fill in the bass.

3. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    M72's will need some sort of stands if you have nothing to easily stand them on which is going to add to the cost,so for the extra I would say the M73's as the fronts if you have the space.
    M7C2 centre without a doubt,I had the M7C1 for a while and it is no comparison.
    Again I would say M7DS as the rears as they are very low profile and fit easily to the side/rear walls again without the need for stands etc as the M72's are quite large,but offer slightly better bass as a result.
    I purchased all mine as seperates from www.discounttv.co.uk but they may be willing to do a package based on what you want.
    As always with speakers dont be swayed by one or two peoples opinion,I purchased these speakers as they suited me, my budget,and my situation.
    All I have tried to do is say what I have I got and why.

4. CarlosTheJackel

CarlosTheJackel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank for the replys, I will price them as seperates today and see how I get on:) I take the point about speaker stands, they seem expensive for what they are!

5. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I used to use the M73's, the 77ds rears and either the M7c1 or the 77c1 centre, depending on which sounded better at the time.

However, while I was looking after a friend's four M72 speakers while he was moving, I experimented with three of them as the surrounds. It sounded fantastic. A whole lot more complete.

So I've already bought a pair of M72's which have replaced the bipoles - which I'd begun to go off anyway. Now I need to get someone to sell me just one M72 as a centre. Or I suppose I could save one, for the day when I get to go 6.1.

Anyway, the M70 series is great. Check 'em out before buying. And if you're to buy M72's and stands, you might as well get the added bass quality of the M73's, which will cost less not needing stands and will take up the same amount of space as a speaker on a stand.