Mission or q acoustics

Deadlift1

Hi guys . I’m thinking of changing my rear surround speakers (have 5.1.4 system) to match ceiling and side q acoustic already installed! My surrround rear are old mission 750 le with frequency response of 70hz to 20khz !
was looking at q acoustic 3030i with frequency response of 46 hz to 30 kHz but I’m confused with these numbers ! Is it worth changing if only used for surrounds as I have B&W 684 floorstanders , thanks guys

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Then you have 7.1.4 system if you have QI65EW as surround sides and the Missions as surround backs with two pairs of Qi65c for overhead speakers.

7_1_4_mounted_overhead_spkrplc.jpg

Can you add another pair of QI65EW for surround backs or can´t wall mount speakers?

Deadlift1

Then you have 7.1.4 system if you have QI65EW as surround sides and the Missions as surround backs with two pairs of Qi65c for overhead speakers.

7_1_4_mounted_overhead_spkrplc.jpg

Can you add another pair of QI65EW for surround backs or can´t wall mount speakers?
hi gasp3621 sorry only have one pair of in ceiling speakers ,I was asking is it worth replacing my mission 750 le surround speakers (haven’t got surround back)with q acoustic 3030i ,room to small regards ,room to

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Sorry but i don´t understand as you said earlier you have surround backs in post #3 but now you don´t have them? So do you have Surround (side) and Surround Back or not? One pair of overhead speakers meaning you have either 5.1.2 or 7.1.2 system now.

Generally if you have small room / couch against rear wall or don´t have about 1meter space behind couch then 5.1.2 is likely your best option.

5_1_2_spkrplc.jpg

Deadlift1

Sorry but i don´t understand as you said earlier you have surround backs in post #3 but now you don´t have them? So do you have Surround (side) and Surround Back or not? One pair of overhead speakers meaning you have either 5.1.2 or 7.1.2 system now.

Generally if you have small room / couch against rear wall or don´t have about 1meter space behind couch then 5.1.2 is likely your best option.

5_1_2_spkrplc.jpg
Hi gasp3621, I have 9 speakers in total +sub !
LCR + surround! 2 ceiling , 2 height/side( using denon avr 3600

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi gasp3621, I have 9 speakers in total +sub !
LCR + surround! 2 ceiling , 2 height/side( using denon avr 3600

Ok. As you have B&W speakers at the front i would probably buy the 607 over the QA 3030i. They should have a bit brighter tone which i can see many likes. Notice these are on sale and there is not many models available as the 607 S2 is out already (449£)! I see you live in Ireland, but i think PT might ship there or use some special courier.

As for the original question it´s hard to say without knowing the quality of Mission speakers. You also need speaker stands (60-70cm) for the new speakers as the Missions were towers. Unless you have some other idea where to place them close to seated ear height (tweeters) as you have Atmos system.

Edit. Just noticed RS IE has them in stock still for low price!

Deadlift1

Ok. As you have B&W speakers at the front i would probably buy the 607 over the QA 3030i. They should have a bit brighter tone which i can see many likes. Notice these are on sale and there is not many models available as the 607 S2 is out already (449£)! I see you live in Ireland, but i think PT might ship there or use some special courier.

As for the original question it´s hard to say without knowing the quality of Mission speakers. You also need speaker stands (60-70cm) for the new speakers as the Missions were towers. Unless you have some other idea where to place them close to seated ear height (tweeters) as you have Atmos system.

Edit. Just noticed RS IE has them in stock still for low price!
The missions are bookshelf and I have them on stands ! Thanks for all the info I’ll check the B&w 👍

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
The missions are bookshelf and I have them on stands ! Thanks for all the info I’ll check the B&w 👍

Ah great you have stands then. I googled and got this:

While mixing isn´t always end of world or necessarily required, but when possible i would stick with same brand (front / rear) and these are now so cheap that i would see them as better choice over QAs. I would assume the sound signature would be closer to your LCR with these than with Missions and they look better most likely too!

Deadlift1

Ah great you have stands then. I googled and got this:

While mixing isn´t always end of world or necessarily required, but when possible i would stick with same brand (front / rear) and these are now so cheap that i would see them as better choice over QAs. I would assume the sound signature would be closer to your LCR with these than with Missions and they look better most likely too!
Cheers , thanks for all you help and patience 👍

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Cheers , thanks for all you help and patience 👍

If you buy from Richer Sounds i think they offer you to return it / swap to other product. Perhaps you could chat with them so you get QA 3020i and B&W 607 for home demo. The shops should be opening soon. I have heard many times over the years members have got speakers for home demo. No better way finding out than listening at own home!

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom