1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission NXT FS2AV

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by m4rkyboy, Apr 26, 2001.

1. m4rkyboy

m4rkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I heard it's important to match your amp and speakers, as some just don't go well together. I'm lookin' to buy a Denon 3801 receiver, so will these speakers go with it like peaches and cream, or more like anchovies and custard? :eek:

2. evanswillo

evanswillo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Might be of interest I received an email from Acram in resopnse to a query I made about their AVR100. They answered my question and mentioned that currently they are using a combination of AVR100 DV88 and Mission FS2 AV speakers in their office. :cool:

3. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    A lot of Denon systems over the years have been supplied with speakers that are made by Mission. I heard the FS2AV today with the denon F100 system. It sounded excellent and think it would get even better with an amp as good as the 3801. NXT flat panels have progressed quite well since the first Mission x-space, and it will probably surprise a lot of people to know that I was using these as my EX speakers on my A1SE (after buying the Denon A1, funds were a little short! It was a quick fix that actually worked very well). I understand that you can get the Missions in a two speaker pack and sub for Hifi duties, as well as the five speaker av pack. Might be something to think about for your extra two channels on the 3801. I've been hearing lots of good things about using two subs instead of one and have been meaning to try it myself.

4. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Denon SCAVF100 NXT SPEAKERS - are these the same speakers? Where can you get FS2s from...been searching the web all morning

M

5. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great, who are PRC?

6. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tim,
    i have the Denon 2801 and the mission fs-2av cinema package and they go together like peas and carrots. absulutely stunning sound and clarity, the sub ain't too bad either.
    the cheapest price i found them, and also where i ordered from was Digital Direct, this is a MAIL ORDER company only, they are not on the net. They do the package for £650.places like Sevonoaks will charge you £800. If you have any more questions on the speakers don't hesitate to get back to me.
    Mark P.

7. Tim Ashdown

Tim Ashdown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    The NXT speakers supplied with the F100 are the FS2's. Have not seen any sites for them,
    but this month's HCC has quite a few ad's for them. PRC says they have both the 5 and 2 channel packages available.