Mission mx4 speakers any good ???

Iky

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Was wondering if anyone can suggest the above speakers are they any good mainly for home cinema use ???

Currently using mission 752 freedoms

Thank you

If the mx4 sound similar to the mx1 but with more bass then they will be adequate. Much better than any budget sound bar and at least as good as anything equivalent. They were only Mission's budget range.

Thank you was running 752 freedoms and was wanting to change but I'm going against it as I like the sound of my currents is their big difference between the 2 ??

I've no idea what the freedoms sound like but if they were meant to be top of the range all those years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if they sound better than the mx range.

How about the new LX Mark 2 stand mounts as presumably you're using sub(s).

Thats what I was thinking too as they are very good...I prefer floor standers and mainly run it for home movies...

The lx series is tempting and I may just hold out for them and would go for floor standers rather than the stand mounts option.

Thank you

I've no idea what the freedoms sound like but if they were meant to be top of the range all those years ago, I wouldn't be surprised if they sound better than the mx range.

How about the new LX Mark 2 stand mounts as presumably you're using sub(s).
Lx series is want to go for ???

Mark2 slightly better on paper but mark1 aren't bad.

I had a pair of lx1 mark 1

Ok thank you for your info...

Have a good day.

Cheers

Iky

The QX range is better than the LX range. How much is your budget and what amp are you using?

Edit - Apologies i was referring to the QX series

Last edited:
Was looking at centre and two front floor standers not sure what they going for , do you have any ???

Thanks

so definitely the mx range ??... mx4 over the mx3 ???

thank you

I used to have the Mx3. I auditioned the LX range and they were ok for the price but if you can push your budget to the MX it is worth the extra cash basically.
I'm surprised you find the older MX better than the LX as I thought they're both Mission's budget range of their time. Did the MX have an SE or 'improved' iteration? The Mx1 were only £49.95 brand new.

Yeah sorry ignore me. Getting mixed up the QX series. My bad. I did actually have the MX3 as well and wasn't very impressed with them so took those back.

I've not heard any recent Mission speakers but going by price I would have thought you should be looking at the ZX range. 75 series was Missions flagship range in the 90's with the 752 model being the smallest floorstander in the range. I think they retailed at around 500/600 quid back in the day and were well loved and thought to be a good buy at the time. If yours are working properly and you like the sound signature then I don't think you will improve on them with entry level models just because they are newer.

Hi

Any suggestions and views on the mission lx-3 floorstanders??

Regards

Iky

Good buy. If I had a limited budget Id buy them. My LX1 mark 1 worked well with any amp and no standout weaknesses.

The mark 2 should be marginally better.

Personally I wouldn't be looking at them because for similar money you can get the QX mark 1 due to big discounts as the new QX mark 2 have been released.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom