1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission m7s subwoofer suddenly stopped working - anyone help?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Lameway, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Lameway

Lameway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just need a bit of advice from you guys and gals..

I've got a set of Missions m7s speakers and sub and suddenly the sub has stopped working - i'm getting no noise during test tones (or during audio).

I don't play movies/music loud - to be honest I've watched about 10 films on the setup in the 7 months approx. i've had it! I leave the whole setup always plugged in and the sub sits in standby - is this ok or should I turn it off after long times of unuse? There used to be a light on glowing red to show standby I think, but now there is no light :(

I've changed the fuse in the plug - no change. There's a fuse in the sub itself (11A) so i'm going to buy one of those tomorrow, but I thought they were only there to stop you blowing the sub if you went too loud etc - am I wrong?

Do the subs just 'go' and I'll need to get it repaired?

Any advice would be helpful!

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Sometimes a fault will just develop but luckily it is within the warranty period. If the change of fuse doesn't work I would take it back for repair or exchange.

3. Lameway

Lameway
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply Ian - it has put my mind at rest a bit!

Apologies for double posting the same question in two forums, but I'm sure you know what it's like when your beloved piece of AV kit goes without warning and provocation!