1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M7DS discontinued???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dr.Rock, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just ordered a pair of additional Mission M7DS surround speakers to update my existing 5.1 system to 6.1. However, later on, someone from PRC-Direct (where I ordered from) called me to say my order's been cancelled because those speakers are now discontinued.

Can someone please please confirm this? Are Mission releasing silmilar bipole surround speakers which are tonally matched with M7DS ?

Thanks.

2. Brogan

Brogan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +481
    I thought it wasn't a good idea to use bipolars for the rear 6/7.1 surrounds as it results in a "confused soundstage"?
    This is what I was advised when I upgraded my system.
    I have a pair of 77DS for side surrounds and purchased a pair of 771e for rear surrounds.

3. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    The entire M7 series was discontinued by Mission at least 5-6 months ago now. The people you ordered them from are extrememely uninformed and are probabaly not part of Mission's official dealer network. If you want up to date advice or service then deal with a proper dealer rather than mail order/website deals. Yes, we cost a little bit more, but the long term service you get is more than worth it.

4. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If the M7 series is discontinued, does anyone know which current model of surround speakers will tonally match the M7DS and the M72 cinema package?

Thanks.

5. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  6. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Libel anyone? "dodgy mail order/website deals" also "probabaly not part of Mission's official dealer network" Stong claims indeed!

They are discontinued but any good dealer (website or high street, not forgetting for a dealer to sell mission online they must have a high street shop!) should be able to order these for you. Mission seem to have some stock and we certainly have been able to get these into stock.

Tonal matching is a good idea, the M3 series while good uses a 'diadrive' driver and not the same as used in the M7.

Just a thought,

7. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    According to the Mission website PRC-Direct are authorized stockists of their products and your reference to them as being "dodgy" is defamatory.

Please ensure that comments like that are not repeated unless you can substantiate them and as an employee of a competitor it is deemed forum etiquette that this is mentioned in your signature (as Ben Miller above has done)

8. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    My apologies. I did say "probably not" though as I know that Mission is one of a few companies who sell their products online and mail order. Obviously they do not feel their products are up to such a standard that they should always be sold by companies with proper demonstration facilities. Anyway each to their own, live and let live and all that.

9. overfloe

overfloe
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    m3ds is the replacement for m7ds

i think 77ds = m7ds = m3ds they are all identical

10. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Not so,

they share a similar carcass but all have the driver from the particular range they come from, i have 77ds and therefore they have aerogel, all sound quite different. Also M3DS seem to have a slightly different profile to the M7ds - still cracking speakers for the money though.