Mission M7DS as rear Centre?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Burt, Nov 8, 2002.

1. Burt

Burt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I currently have a set of Mission M72 speakers (with fronts substituted for M73's) I'm thinking of adding a centre rear to make a 6.1 setup (with Yamaha 630 Amp). Is the best option simply to buy an aditional M7DS or are there deigned only to be used in pairs? My thinking is that obviously an additional M7DS will be a perfect match tonally.?:cool:

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,299
    Hi

Current way of thinking is to have a direct radiating speaker as rear centre. How about another M72?

I tried various combos of dipoles/direct radiators etc and found the direct radiators best for rear centre duties.:) It will vary from room to room though.

3. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently using 3 M7DS's as rears and find them fine,I did try my older front Wharfedales as rears in an experiment (to save some money!) and I found them to directional in the small area I had.

4. Burt

Burt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to buy a single M7DS ? how much can I expect to spend?

5. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was lucky as the person I got mne off had done an upgrade to 6.1 and as such had the spare M7DS to sell.
    I paid £60 for mine including P&P,there was one going on ebay the other day but someone snapped it up with a "Buy it now" of £60.
    The only other way might be to advertise that you are after one and go halves with someone who wants to do a similar thing or get the set yourself and sell the spare.

6. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one 77ds as a rear speaker , its not very good at all , as jase says try and get a direct radiating speaker , im trying to obtain a single B & W CNM SNT for my set up.