1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M7C1

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mike Dando, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Mike Dando

Mike Dando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got one of these super slim centres?

2. Dave

Dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No sorry I don't yet!, but I have a pair of M73's and if they are anything to go by then you can't go wrong [​IMG]

3. GENEX

GENEX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought one, along with the M7DS's. Not sure about the matching with my 782 fronts yet, as I've got to get the DVD player and amp. I'll post again when I've got it set up and let you know. Got both from QED-UK for £205. I've had mission stuff for as long as I can remember and it's never let me down.

4. Mike Dando

Mike Dando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    GENEX,

Did you have to wait very long for yours?
    I have had mine on order for 2 weeks from my
    local Sevenoaks shop.

Also, was that £205 for the centre and rears?

Thanks.

Mike.

5. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    FTAO Genex,

Surely you should have went for the 78C1, the 78 series are desingned to complement each other, I know it is a bit pricey @ £320, but that is the way I am going.

System:-
    783 mains
    771 rear effects
    77C1 centre [moving to rear centre]
    78C1 [ordered for new front centre]
    Paradigm PS1000
    Yamaha AX-1

my general rule of thumb is that you get what you pay for, and if your carefull you won't regret the purchase.

------------------
    Put the bunny back in the box !

6. GENEX

GENEX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    FAO Mike Dando,
    Ordered late on friday 2nd, arrived wednesday 7th. Quality service as far as I'm concerned, and yes, it was £205 all in. Could maybe have got them cheaper,but couldn't bebothered to mess about. They are fairly new though,which is why you might not have yours yet.

Re the mission 78 centre, if I hadn't bought a bloody Linn CD player, maybe I could have afforded it. No regrets though. What are the 783's like? I know it may seem weird mismatching like that,but the amp situation is worse. I'm planning to use the main preouts from the AV amp (not sure yet, A5 if I can get one for £260) into a Naim Nait 2 to power the 782's. Is this wise? Don't really fancy listening to my CD's through an AV amp

7. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    783's are very good, originally bought them for my Cyrus Dad3Q24 AcA7 monoblocked system [replaced 5 year old Keilidgh's], and was using a Yamaha A595A to power the centre, rears and feed the sub.

Decided I wanted to upgrade my AV system and couldn't decide on the Cyrus AV5 with smart powers or the Yamaha AX1, went for the AX1 and have my Cyrus kit in the back room awaitng speakers [probably Cyrus CLS70's].

Now you've got me wondering how it would sound if I connected up the power amps to my AX1 !!!!

Sorry to ramble on about my kit, but you know how it is. Just to **** you off further, sold my 9 month old Yamaha A-595A last weekend to my mate for £200