Mission M74 vs 773e, music and movies?

L

LeeGUK

I need to upgrade my system as its a bit dated now days and the tweeter in one of my fronts has gone. Set up as its is Sherwood R-525 (needs to go!) Mission 702 fronts 70C1 Centre 70DS Rears & no sub :-(

Like I say one of the 702s tweeter has gone so they need to go first, I like Mission speakers so im looking at Mission M74, M7C2 & M7DS or 773e, 77C1 & 77DS i just would like peoples opinions on them and any other packages around 500 pound.

I like the forward 702s (their only flaw is the amp their conected to) I love action movies and lissen to Trance, Garage, DnB & chillout so any ideas on what would suit me best?

Cheers guys.

I have mission 773e's a rears, and they are great speakers. Be warned however that their bass output is **** poor. Great for clarity....but you need a sub.

You could always fix your 702's.

Richer Sounds are flogging Mission 700 for £50 a pair if you can can track some down - the tweeters are the same.

Are your speakers 702 or 702e.
If it's the 702e, you could see if you could track down a pair of 701 for £60, you'd than have a pair of spare bass units too.

As you like your speakers anyway, you could then use the money to replace your Sherwood.

As far as the rears are concerned, you'd have to have the ears of a bat to tell the difference between the 70DS and the 77's.

I have both and nobody who has listened to them can tell any differnce. ( I asked !)

Save your money on those.

Regards

Parmenion

Originally posted by LeeGUK
I like the forward 702s (their only flaw is the amp their conected to) I love action movies and listen to Trance, Garage, DnB & chillout so any ideas on what would suit me best?

For your tastes (and past choice of Mission model), the M74's everytime.:cool:

I was thinking of trying to fix the 702s as well (their not 702e) but trying to find a pair of 700's 701's or 702e's isnt easy, when I spoke to richersounds (a number of their stores and emailed the mail order site) they said they ran out of them ages ago (I keep seeing all of them in their adverts though). Plus I want a bigger centre (cant find the 70C2 or 70C3 for love nor money) so im thinking there two years old anyway and they have been pushed hard over that time - time to replace them.

But shortlisting speekers these days seems a much harder than it did two years ago, plus getting a demo requires travling 30 odd miles & RS dont do demos at the weekend, so a day off work aswell. Makes it all the more difficult.

£500?? well I think this would be the best to go for.

if you like a quality speaker go for a set of Tannoy R3, these rock the house, they retail at £550 but you can get them for around £370, they are real good quality, what hi-fi gave them 5 said they put music first, the bass is right there. test them and see.

go for the matching MR centre, not the smaller mc,

keep your rears, they are good as the other guy said they are like the 77ds.

D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom