Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Mission M71i's+M73i's Vs. Mordaunt Short

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by tHatDudeUK, Jul 19, 2005.

1. tHatDudeUK

tHatDudeUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have a pair of M71i's and was always considering getting a pair of M73i's and also a M7C2 (or M7C1 but Richer Sounds no longer stock them). Richer Sounds has now stopped stocking these so it's pretty much my last chance to grab a pair of M73i's for £120. Should I rush to buy these and hope for a centre in the classifieds?!

Or would something along these lines make a better [much better??] (but obviously more expensive) setup??? Prices from Richer Sounds website. I am presuming these speakers are matched in terms of tonal quality and all those things speakers should be matched for :)

Mordaunt Short 905c Centre Speaker £119.95
    Mordaunt Short 914 Floor Standers £249.95
    Mordaunt Short 903 bipole rears £149.95 OR Mordaunt Short standmount 302 £119.95

total £519.85

I would also be looking at possibly the MS309 subwoofer whichever speakers I choose.

The use for the system will be to fill a medium sized lounge with various styles of music from rock to jazz to classical through to dance etc, and also movies.

Any thoughts appreciated :) Thanks in advance.