1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M71i @ RS

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hunkiemunkey, Aug 16, 2003.

1. hunkiemunkey

hunkiemunkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello

Just thought I would let you know about the Mission M71i's I bought today. Went to local Richer Sounds and asked for them but naturally they said that they were too trebley and that their own brands were far better. I was having none of this, so just said I wanted the M71i or I would try somewhere else (Glad I didn't - they were only £59 @ RS!). They actually had them in stock :eek: which amazed me and I purchased them right on the spot. £59 a damn good deal!

I'm running them in now and was wondering does it make a big difference to the sound?

Cheers

John

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    You've got an excellent pair of speakers there. Running in does improve the sound marginally imo but don't expect miracles. What amp are you using and with what sources (dvd, cdp). What interconnects and speaker cable are you using? You'll notice more of an improvement if you bi-wire the speakers (well I did). Some ppl say it's a waste of time and money but I beg to differ.

Any how enjoy your purchase.

3. hamtaro

hamtaro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if richer sounds own brand are better....why stock the missions in the first place??:rotfl: