1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mission m71

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by elite_uk, Aug 15, 2005.

1. elite_uk

elite_uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    how much are these speakers new? cant seem to find them anywhere in uk as i want to sell my black pair but cant find a price to compare new/old with.

Thanks

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have seen them for between £80-120. Very good speakers IMO

3. pmarb

pmarb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    richersounds are selling the m71i for £100 at the mo

4. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    The M7 series has been out of production for a several years now and the M7i for about 2. As such the prices for them vary greatly between people selling them off as end of line/ surplus stock and others which try and claim they are now "rare".

The M71i are currently in richersounds for £100 but have seen them at £70 before and the M71 have been spotted at under £50 previously (was considering buying them as rears when my M7ds got killed)

5. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Bloody hell!! I paid £60 for my M71i's from richersounds about 6 months ago.
    How come they have gone up in price in that short space of time??
    I too was going to use the 71's as surrounds just as Astaroth was, but after seeing how deep they were and wouldnt fit on the bookshelf at the rear of the room I nearly took them back to RS and get some M70's instead.
    Just for purely scientific reasons I sat them on top of my Mission773e's and bi-wired them to have a listen to them first....HOLY :censored: !!!! They sounded fantastic. Needless to say I phoned RS and asked if they had any of the gale T50 stands that were in the what hi-fi ad at the time for £19.95, and dashed back to buy a pair.
    They are a very good, expressive speaker for the price (IMHO), and produce a nice, controlled bass (unbelievable for the size of them). They now reside as L/R speakers in the front room and I am more than happy to recommend them to anyone, so I am at a loss why you want to sell yours ??
    Have you taken leave of your senses (KIDDING). I suppose as a ballpark figure as long as they are boxed with instructions, and in mint condition say £45-£50 would be reasonable, given they are now £100 here http://ws3.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=MISS-M71I-BCH
    Yours are black so some people may not be AS interested, as the beech tends to blend in better in with most peoples decor. This IMHO is shameful, I prefer performance over asthetics, and believe me these little M71i's do perform well.

Good luck with the sale,

Graham.