1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M70 Speaker Package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Machine Head, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can anybody tell me if they have these, where they bought them and for how much? I seem to be having trouble tracking some down. I was offered ex-display but I wasn't too keen. I like the sound of them(a mate has Mission) and love the look of the silver one's. The 5yr guarentee from Mission is a plus. Anybody help?

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    They have been discontinued for quite some time now and you are only likely to find ex-display deals around now. You could try looking at the new m30 package.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that, Crusty. Not too keen on the M30 so may have to look at something else. Grrrrr.

4. RedBull

RedBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I've just ordered the M33's to use as fronts.

They're VERY overlooked. Try to check them out before you look elsewhere if you were considering the M7x. I've been a Mission fan for years and I wasn't disappointed with the M3x.

:)

5. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got 'em. Bought today from empire direct for 325 quid delivered.:clap:

6. Machine Head

Machine Head
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered these in silver..............................and they sent black.:( Got on the phone to sort out a swap. Which happened. And they sent black again:mad: They won't be getting any silver one's in for 2 weeks, they didn't have any in silver to start with:nono: A total cock up from the start. I've let them know in no uncertain terms that I want a reduction in what I paid.

Don't order from empire direct and expect a fast, efficient service.

Richer sounds on the other hand, can't fault them. Ordered my reciever(pioneer c301) from them, sent an e-mail asking when they would be delivered as they said it would be 7 to 10 days and they replied with 'this afternoon'. And that was after 4 days:)

I'll let you know what happens with empire direct. Anybody else had trouble with them?

7. JediJackass

JediJackass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey,
    i have m702e fronts and they are so awsome but u will need a good sub to cover the bottom end but i think i know where u can pick up pair of rears cheap.http://www.graysonline.com.au/lot.asp?LOT_ID=133496
    thay have a whole heap of old stock and maby u will find some front to match but they are a really a nice spaeker.

cheers

8. wahsleb

wahsleb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ordered m70's in silver from empire direct on 8 dec at £325 inc. delivery - despatched 15 dec to arrive 16 - nothing arrived. I followed up 19th, 20th and 22nd to be told transport company had lost them! silver now out of stock. checked empire direct site and found black still available but they were looking £399 - empire could not explain price difference and told me if i wanted them i would have to pay the difference - excellent customer care!!

told them that by coincidence they had priced the new m30's at exactly £399 and clearly the black m70's had been priced wrongly. Might as well not have bothered - would not listen. several phone calls later told them to cancel the lot.

never again.

9. are1981

are1981
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

Found this old thread when searching for M70 reviews. I've had two pairs as surround speakers for three years now, and they are excellent.

They actually also work quite good as party speakers in a 30m2/320sqf room. I took them down from the wall to use them at my party instead of my Yamaha Soavo-1's, which I didn't want knocked over by dancing people.

I paid almost nothing for them. In Norway one pair had a MSRP of about $210, but I paid only about $36 per unopened pair since the store I was working at got a clearing price from the supplier as they were discontiniued.