1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mission M70 Range

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Matt, Feb 19, 2001.

1. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I currently have a Panny PK2, Tosh 100E and a Yammy RX596-RDS (Radio A5) and have grown
    tired oif using an old pair of hi-fi speakers and the small surrounds and centre speaker that came
    tiwht the TV and feel the need to buy some grown up speakers to finish off my kit. After reading the
    What Hi-Fi article last month i was all for going for the Mission set-up of a pair of 702Es, 70C1
    and 70DS bipole rears. However this set is like golddust as I believe Mission stopped making them.
    However i do like the look of the new Mission M70 series and quite fancy going for a M73 fronts
    and the MC centre and M7DS bipole rears. I have managed to find them for 360 all in which
    seemed like a nice price, only slightly more than the older 702E combo.

Has anyone got any of the M70 series? what are yopur thoughts on them? The M73's got a great
    write up in What Hi-fi but i hvaent seen anything about the centre and rears in the range.

Any help would be nice.....

2. whadoido

whadoido

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just bought an almost identical setup
    32 PK1 Tosh 100E and denon AVR1601 (waitlist for the denon)

Am searching for speakers and in my budget only found the Yamaha NSP 610 on QED at £349

Unfortunately I couldnt get any answers to a messages I posted about the Yamaha's performance and I cant seem to find any reviews so would be really interested in what you finally settle on.
    By the way, How is the audio CD performance of the A5 with the SD 100E?

Cheers
    Rohan

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my Mission m73, m7c1 and m7ds for about a week now and am very impressed.

The m73s are great for HC and audio. The centre matches perfectly with the fronts and the transition from fronts to centre is seamless.

The rears I have mounted upside down at roof height and being dipoles do exactly what they are supposed to - they produce a very large sweet spot.

Verdict?? - go and get some, you won't be dissapointed.

4. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    This has been my first foray into the world of seperates and while the CD performance of the Tosh is not as good as a dedicated CD player it breathed new life into my CD collection, I was upgrading from a Panny Midi system that has served me well for 7 years.