Mission M70, M7DS, or Roksan Ojan sub?

tHatDudeUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Any of these any good. Are they worth £120, £20 and £50 respectively?

Thanks in advance..

Ahhhh, forum finally upgraded, and bump to this question.

Which is preferref, Roksan Ojan, or Mission?

TIA

Mission M70, M7DS, or Roksan Ojan sub?
Are they worth ?120, ?20 and ?50 respectively?

Dude,

Mision M70:-

I bought the M71i's ('improved') from Richer Sounds recently (£60 - might still have some left), and have found them to be a great quality budget speaker for the money. Surprised by the tight punchy bass and general sound quality (although these are drastically reduced in price as they are discontinued, think they used to go for about £120 new). They're also sheilded.

The M70 will likely lose some of the lower range due to its size (still ported i think), and has the same power rating (75w rms) as the M71 despite using a smaller woofer drive unit - so i'd imagine its a great little speaker. However, i wouldn't pay £120 for a pair when the bigger M71i's can be bought for £60 new.

Mision M7DS:-

I've researched these quite a bit as i was after a pair for myself (M7DS bipole rears to go along with M71i front & M7C1 centre), quite a few people on these forums have used or still use them. Pretty much all of the comments i've read show them to be good as easily positioned rear's (the bipole layout seems to help a lot with making them less sensitive to exact positioninig in less than perfect shaped AV rooms), and they can go on side or rear walls and some people even have them up next to the ceiling upside down. Generally well liked.

They are also discontinued (the whole M70 range) and so can't be bought new now, but you can still pick them up on ebay for £80-£100 or so. If you can actually get a pair for £20 from someone (as you appear to be suggesting), and they are in good working order - i'd say you found a great deal!

If you can't get these, the replacement/equivelent current Mission range is the M30's, and in particular the M3DS bipole's (im getting these myself shortly, and either M34's or M35's, and a M3C2, and the SVS PB1-ISD sound really interesting...). Cheapest prices for M3DS are around £130 inc del.

Roksan Ojan sub:- Sorry i don't know anything about this sub. Not much help i know.

I'm new to this AV lark, but i've already found myself sliding down the slippery upgrade slope - i keep reading, looking and deciding to buy new gear before i've even completed the current set-up, 3rd time lucky maybe for me.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Brimstone (Mark).

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom